Welcome to our website !

Healthy Oats, good breakfast idea.

By 09:59 , , , ,

Oats are a great way to start your day off and as we know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Eating oats in the morning for breakfast is very beneficial as oats are a slow burning carb and it will keep you full for longer. Personally, I eat raw till 6 but this is delicious to eat any time of the day. My daughter eats this for breakfast every day and she actually introduced me to this brand.   

This is not your ordinary oats, this particular brand has an added super health food in it, chia seed. I was immediately sold on this brand when I saw the added chia. I add chia seed in all my smoothies because chia seed is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acid. Chia seeds is rich in dietary minerals for example magnesium, calcium, iron. Manganese, zinc as well as phosphorous. Chia seeds can be added to other foods as a topping in for example breakfast cereals, energy bars, granola bars, bread, yoghurt, made into gelatin-like substance or even consumed when it’s raw. Chia seed is very high in antioxidant that fight the production of free radicals which are responsible for damaging molecules in cells and bring about ageing and even cancer.
It is also rich in fibre.

The true carb content of chia seed is only 1 gram per ounce and that is very low. This makes it a low-carb friendly food. Due to the presence of all the fibre, chia seeds can absorb up to 10-12 times their weight in water thereby becoming gel-like thus expanding in ones stomach. This result into the increase in fullness, relatively slow absorption of food thus enabling somebody to eat fewer calories. Fiber do feed friendly bacteria in the intestine which is very fundamental in keeping your gut bugs well fed.

I think this is a very good breakfast idea, I bought these oats from my local Whole Foods but I'm sure you can find The Chia Co products in your local grocery stores. 
So try it and let me know what you think.




You Might Also Like

0 comments